One Lovely Blog Award
The rules of this award is to list seven random things about yourself and to present the award to 15 lovely bloggers.
Here are my random facts:
1. I’m afraid of losing an eyeball. When I was little, I used to watch “That’s Incredible.” Several of the episodes featured a guy with only one eye. On the show, he would cover his remaining eyeball and somehow be able to see out of his empty socket. He went on to be some type of Reverend or something–
When Ronald Coyne was a little boy in Oklahoma he lost his right eye on a barbed wire fence. But god had fixed it so that he could still see from the empty socket, or that’s what he said. Now you might think that having the sight in his poked-out eye restored would be enough. But where everybody else could see only a hideous oddity, Ronald Coyne saw a killer gimmick and a god-given competitive advantage when it came to beating other crooks and charlatans out of the nickels and dimes of the trusting poor. He figured out the great truth of evangelism, which is, you can get total strangers to cover your cost of living even if they can’t pay their rent or buy food for their children.
2. Wherever I go, I carry a book with me. Right now, it is Elf Girl.
3. My earliest goth inclination was trying to be like Stevie Nicks. I even demanded that people call me Stevie.
4. I’m running out of random facts to tell you about myself. Pretty soon I’ll have to start listing important information like my social security number.
5. I’m desperately searching for the perfect bat ring. Something subtle and sophisticated.
6. I recently was in a car accident. When I went to write down my insurance information for the other driver, the only thing I had to write with was my black eyeliner pencil. It was both an awkward and proud moment for me.
7. A surprisingly high number of people find my blog from searching for manicures and breasturants.
Previously, I listed seven random facts about myself. Here they are:
1. Plays the piano, guitar and oboe;
2. Experimenting with white nail polish while typing this;
3. Recently dreamed that my yoga practice would transform me into some type of gothy spider woman, complete with wall-climbing powers and an awesome costume. Alas, it was just a dream;
4. Born blonde, will die black;
5. Shopping for a replacement for Fluevog mary jane shoes; suggestions/recommendations welcomed; (UPDATE, I settled on a pair of Doc Marterns Mary Janes)
6. Bark is as bad as bite;
7. A bit a rule breaker; and
8. Afraid of Libertarians.
And here is the list of lovely blogs that haven’t yet been nominated that should be.
Photo Credit: The Iconizer