How To Blog — WordPress.com Tips and Tricks
So you want to embed a Vimeo video in your wordpress.com blog? This is how:
1. Find video you want to embed on Vimeo.
2. Copy the URL from your web browser’s address bar. For example, http://vimeo.com/5646785.
3. Embed with the following short code. You MUST use hard brackets around the code; otherwise your site won’t know you are using code. (The brackets are omitted below so that I could show you what the code should look like.)
4. If you want, you can alter the default height and width by using the following code
vimeo http://vimeo.com/5646785 w=500&h=400
5. After publishing your video will look like this:
Tiny top hat tip to Katie A. and Amy W.